WSU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is seeking to hire a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy. This is a full-time, annual, non-tenure track, 12 month appointment. The primary site for this position is the Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital in Yakima, Washington.
- Maintenance of an innovative clinical practice.
- Supervision of pharmacy students and residents during clinical rotations.
- Provision of instruction in various courses in the PharmD curriculum.
- Provision of service to the department, college, and university.
- Collaborating with college support personnel.
- Development and maintenance of a program of scholarship.
The appointment is a one year renewable appointment beginning as soon as possible. Individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career and an interest in innovative teaching and clinical practice models are encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to contribute scholarly work in their area of clinical expertise and support the college through participation in service related activities according to the College’s Promotion Guidelines.
The WSU campus in Spokane houses the main office of the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The department supports WSU-affiliated residency programs at clinical sites in Spokane, Yakima, and Wenatchee and will also support the PharmD program at the satellite campus in Yakima. The department integrates Yakima’s clinical faculty members into all aspects of the college including involvement in team taught courses and precepting students during their advanced practice experiences. For more information on the department, college and WSU see: www.pharmacy.wsu.edu and www.pharmacy.wsu.edu/pharmacotherapy.
The city of Yakima is located in south-central Washington approximately half-way between Seattle and Spokane. The Yakima Valley offers the benefits of the Pacific Northwest lifestyle with more sunshine, less rain, and less traffic. Nearly every recreational activity is available in the valley or nearby including outdoor sports, wineries and theater. Yakima has two major hospitals to meet the community’s needs. Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital is a nationally recognized, award winning healthcare facility. It is a 225 bed acute-care community hospital, providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and critical care services. There are over 300 physicians on the hospital’s medical staff representing more than 30 medical specialties and sub-specialties including adult medicine and pediatric hospitalist programs. The Pharmacy Department provides 24 hour/7 day per week service and is staffed by 35 pharmacists and 40 technicians and support personnel. This position is one of two College of Pharmacy faculty positions at this institution. For information on Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital see: https://www.yakimamemorial.org/.
Candidates must possess a PharmD and have residency and/or fellowship training in one or more of the following areas: teaching, general pharmacy practice, ambulatory care, internal medicine or family medicine. Equivalent training and/or experience will be considered.
Eligibility for Washington pharmacist licensure required.
Preferred Qualifications :
Position Specific Qualifications (prior completion or within 30 days of hire):
- Blood borne pathogen training
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- APhA immunization certificate
- Completion of mandatory WSU training as outlined by the university and the department.
- CITI training recommended (WSU IRB)
- WA pharmacist licensure
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Competitive benefits available hrs.wsu.edu/benefits
Apply online at: www.wsujobs.com. At the time of application, please be prepared to submit the following materials:
1) A letter of application describing your professional goals, relevant academic preparation, and experience;
2) A current curriculum vitae; and
3) complete contact information for three (3) professional references. Letters of recommendation will be requested of these three professional references for candidates invited to the campus interview process.
The screening of applications will begin on October 1, 2018 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Inquiries only may be directed to Brian Gates, Chair of Search Committee, via email: email@example.com.
The primary site for this position is in Yakima, WA.