An exciting opportunity is available to join a cancer pharmacology lab that emphasizes pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), and quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) approaches to study brain tumors. The lab integrates experimental data with mathematical models or QSP models to characterize drug action and predict drug responses in patients. The ultimate goal is to bridge preclinical and clinical drug development paradigms and advance precision medicine.
The postdoctoral position is in the lab of James M. Gallo in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University at Buffalo. The department is a premier research unit with a storied tradition of excellence in PK/PD research. Ongoing projects are in anticancer drug development, drug resistance, cell state, epigenetics and tumor heterogeneity.
The postdoctoral associate will join a highly interactive department with a central focus of PK/PD/QSP modeling, and have opportunities to interact with highly talented graduate students, and scientists within the university including Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Position responsibilities include:
- Develop PK/PD/QSP models using a variety of computer programs.
- Participate in lab meetings and contribute to the training of students and lab personnel in advanced modeling methods.
- Interact positively with scientific personnel across different disciplines to advance QSP.
- Provide expert support of computer systems used for the labs modeling efforts.
- Maintain abreast of current literature in the fields relevant to lab projects.
- Provide reports based on your work for scientific publications and extramural funding applications.
- Advance your knowledge of QSP modeling methods and implement those as needed