WSU College of Pharmacy is seeking a full-time, annual, non-tenure track, 12 month appointment Clinical Assistant Professor position. The clinical site for this position is Kootenai Health in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. The faculty member will be expected to spend a portion of their time on the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane, Washington (approximately 30 minutes commute from Kootenai Health).
- Provision of clinical services at an established ambulatory site followed by expansion, development, and evaluation of new innovative clinical services (Diabetes and Cardiovascular care)
- Supervision of pharmacy students during clinical rotations
- Serving as an instructor of record for and/or providing instruction in various courses in the PharmD curriculum
- Provision of service to the department, college, and university
- Provision of support to Kootenai Health’s research endeavors (including pharmacy students and PGY1 pharmacy residents)
- Collaborating with college support personnel
- Development and maintenance of a program of scholarship
The appointment is a one year renewable appointment beginning as soon as possible. Individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career and an interest in innovative teaching and clinical practice models are encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to contribute scholarly work in their area of clinical expertise and support the college through participation in service related activities according to the College’s Promotion Guidelines.
This position is co-located on the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane within the Department of Pharmacotherapy and at Kootenai Health in Coeur d’Alene Idaho. For more information on the department, college and WSU see: www.pharmacy.wsu.edu and www.pharmacy.wsu.edu/pharmacotherapy. For more information regarding Kootenai Health see: www.kh.org and www.kh.org/pharmacy-residency.
Candidates must possess a PharmD and have residency and/or fellowship training in one or more of the following areas: teaching, general pharmacy practice, ambulatory care, internal medicine or family medicine. Equivalent training and/or experience will be considered.
Eligibility for Idaho and Washington pharmacist licensure required.
Position Specific Qualifications (prior completion or within 30 days of hire hire):
- Blood borne pathogen training
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- APhA immunization certificate
- Completion of mandatory WSU training as outlined by the university and the department.
- CITI training (WSU IRB and Kootenai Health)
- Completion of mandatory Kootenai Health orientation requirements
- WA and ID pharmacist licensure
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Competitive benefits available hrs.wsu.edu/benefits
Apply online at: www.wsujobs.com. At the time of application, please be prepared to submit the following materials:
1) A letter of application describing your professional goals, relevant academic preparation, and experience;
2) A current curriculum vitae; and
3) complete contact information for three (3) professional references. Letters of recommendation will be requested of these three professional references for candidates invited to the campus interview process.
The screening of applications will begin on October 2, 2018 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Inquiries only may be directed to Brian Gates, Chair of Search Committee, via email: email@example.com.