Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences (1072)
Posting Number: req932
Working 12 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Pharmacy Practice and Admin Science
Pocatello - Main
The Idaho State University College of Pharmacy (ISU-COP) is seeking a creative, innovative, and committed individual to lead the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences (PPRA), supporting Idaho State University, ISU-COP, and PPRA mission, vision, and strategic plan. The primary purpose of the PPRA Chair is to provide leadership, mentorship, supervision, and support to PPRA faculty and staff. This position will be located at either our main campus in Pocatello or our Meridian Health Sciences campus. Primary office location will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Additionally, tenure will be negotiated and is dependent upon the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• The Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences will play a key role in leading the transformation of pharmacy practice across all campuses (Meridian, Pocatello, and Anchorage).
• Ensure short and long-term goals for research, teaching, and scholarship align with the mission and vision of the Department, College, and Idaho State University.
• Support the direction and development of programs in line with the vision and mission of PPRA and the college.
• Oversee fiscal management and generation of policies, procedures, and communication for the department.
• Oversee recruitment, development, evaluation, and retention of faculty through focused mentorship, guidance, and administrative support.
• Promote and enhance the reputation and quality of PPRA at the university, state, regional and national levels by highlighting individual, group, and departmental achievements.
• Build, maintain, and enhance collaborative relationships with other healthcare systems, academic institutions, private entities, and other disciplines at Idaho State University to support clinical practice, research expansion, and educational opportunities.
• Represent the interests of the department as a member of the administrative team of the ISU-COP.
• Additional faculty responsibilities commensurate with academic rank and departmental needs.
• PharmD or BS in pharmacy with an advanced degree
• One year of residency, specialty residency or fellowship
• Six years of experience teaching in an ACPE accredited College/School of Pharmacy
• Qualify for the rank of Associate Professor or higher with an established record of academic teaching, service and scholarship evidenced by publications, presentations, and funding
• Strategic and operational leadership experience in an academic setting
• Evidence of budget management and planning
• Evidence of a collaborative management leadership style
• Evidence of effective communication, oral and written
• Advanced degree in healthcare related field (MPH, PhD in pharmacy administration, etc.)
• Current tenure or eligibility for tenure
• Board certification
• Experience with linguistic or culturally diverse populations
• Experience with the development of a self-study document for an ACPE accreditation site visit
• Prior experience as a department chair or co-chair
• Experience in efficient and innovative multi-site program/faculty management
• Experience in developing collaborative partnerships across stakeholders
• Evidence of sustained grantsmanship
• Evidence of high-caliber teaching, mentorship of PharmD or graduate students and faculty including: ability-based education model, active learning, team-based learning, and other student-centered learning techniques
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=932&site=1
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of names with contact information for three professional references, leadership philosophy, and vision statement for the future of the profession of pharmacy.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.