WSU College of Pharmacy is seeking to hire (1) full-time, annual, non-tenure track, 12 month appointment for a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The successful candidate will develop and implement didactic activities that foster the development of our PharmD candidates, their pharmacy knowledge and skills, verbal/written communication, and the clinical application of their knowledge and skills in various courses.
- Serving as the instructor of record for courses in the PharmD curriculum as needed
- Collaborating with other instructors of record to ensure continuity of clinical content
- Mentoring pharmacy practice residents and teaching fellows during their teaching experiences
- Precepting 4th year student pharmacists completing elective teaching rotations
- Developing and overseeing team-based learning activities
- Developing and maintaining a program of scholarship
- Providing service to the college and university as needed
The appointment is a one year renewable appointment beginning July 1, 2019. Individuals with a strong commitment to an academic career and an interest in teaching innovative practice models are encouraged to apply. The faculty member will be expected to develop a program of continuous and sustained scholarship in their area of interest.
The WSU campus in Spokane houses the main office of the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The department supports WSU-affiliated residency programs at clinical sites in Spokane, Yakima, and Wenatchee and will also support the PharmD program at the satellite campus in Yakima. The department integrates Yakima’s clinical faculty members into all aspects of the college including involvement in team taught courses and precepting students during their advanced practice experiences. For more information on the department, college and WSU see: www.pharmacy.wsu.edu and www.pharmacy.wsu.edu/pharmacotherapy.
Candidates must possess a PharmD and have residency and or fellowship training in one of the following areas: teaching, general pharmacy practice, ambulatory care, internal medicine or family medicine. Equivalent training and/or experience will be considered.
Eligibility for Washington pharmacist licensure required.
Position Specific Qualifications (prior completion or within 30 days of hire):
- Blood borne pathogen training
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- APhA immunization certificate
- Completion of mandatory WSU training as outlined by the university and the department.
- CITI training recommended (WSU IRB)
- WA pharmacist licensure
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Competitive benefits available hrs.wsu.edu/benefits
Apply online at: www.wsujobs.com. At the time of application, please be prepared to submit the following materials:
1) A letter of application describing your professional goals, relevant academic preparation, and experience;
2) A current curriculum vitae; and
3) complete contact information for three (3) professional references. Letters of recommendation will be requested of these three professional references for candidates invited to the campus interview process.
The screening of applications will begin on October 1, 2018 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Inquiries only may be directed to Brian Gates, Chair of Search Committee, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.