Assistant/Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
The Chicago State University College of Pharmacy invites applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is responsible for the oversight and administration of the Office of Academic Affairs and oversees academic standards and progression, academic scheduling, curricular and programmatic assessment, faculty professional development, and participates in program accreditation and other academic-related services for the professional program. The Assistant/Associate Dean manages the budget for assessment and academic resources. The Assistant/Associate Dean for Academic Affairs is a member of the Executive Council and reports to the Dean of the College of Pharmacy.
- Responsible for the administration of the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Ensure compliance with regulations required by accrediting bodies and other agencies related to academic affairs and program assessment.
- Responsible for administrative aspects of the curriculum and assessment activities for the College.
- Responsible for administrative aspects of the student retention process for the College in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs.
- Provide administrative oversight and supervision for information technology and instructional design/development activities.
- Complete student audits for graduation each year.
- Chair the Academic Standing Committee.
- Update policies, procedures and college information in the CSUCOP handbook and orient faculty to policies related to academic affairs.
- Update the course catalog offering each semester.
- Prepare class and final examination schedules each semester.
- Serve as the coordinator of remediation activities.
- Serve as a member of the Dean’s Executive
- Serve as a representative for the Dean/College on a local, state, national and international level.
- Serve as the Site Administrator in the Dean’s absence.
- Deliver curricular content, as assigned, within the professional curriculum.
- Assist in the identification, procurement and allocation of public and private funding for the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Possess an earned PharmD or Ph.D; academic and/or administrative experience within a school/college of pharmacy; experience in an administrative position with duties and responsibilities for academic affairs and fiscal management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent written, interpersonal and team communication skills; experience managing budgets, financial reports, and legal documents; experience with learning management systems and other academic learning platforms; ability to work effectively on teams; experience collecting and interpreting data in order to enhance programmatic outcomes; experience with student organizations; demonstrated ethical and professional behavior.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
Apply Online at: https://chicagostate.peopleadmin.com