A position is available for a skilled technician to join a research lab focused on the experimental therapeutics of brain tumors. Good communication and organizational skills are needed.
• Conduct lab studies related to preclinical drug development including cell-based assays such as ELISA and Western analyses.
• Maintain cancer cell lines.
• Maintain and contribute to efficient daily operation of lab that may include ordering supplies.
• Participate in lab meetings and contribute to the training of students.
• Interact positively with scientific personnel within the department and university.
• Provide reports based on your work for scientific publications and extramural funding applications.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
• B.S. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology or related field.
• Demonstration of ample experience with cell biology techniques. Experience with RNAi or CRISPR/Cas9 methods a bonus.
Individual should have a scientific background in cell or molecular biology. Skills in cell culture and cell-based assays are essential.