The University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice is seeking a Director for our Drug Information Group (DIG). The Director sets the strategic direction for the group, leads management of over 30 active contracts and provides oversight to 16 faculty and staff practicing in the DIG. The position also holds an academic clinical faculty appointment at a rank commensurate with experience.
The College of Pharmacy at UIC, with campuses in Chicago and Rockford, is the #1 college of pharmacy in the state of Illinois and the #7 college in the US ranked by US News & World Report. More information about the College and Department of Pharmacy Practice can be found at https://pharmacy.uic.edu and https://dpp.pharmacy.uic.edu
- The academic responsibilities of the clinical faculty member (Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) include the provision of didactic lectures and precepting entry level Doctor of Pharmacy students and residents.
- Scholarly activities, including presentations and publications, are an expectation as well.
- Clinical Pharmacist duties entail working closely with clients, health-care providers, patients, and trainees in providing innovative entrepreneurial and drug information services.
- Lead the strategic plan for the DIG that operationalizes the goals of the related department strategic plan for the growth and development of the DIG and work strategically and tactically with the department head on related matters.
- Oversee and serve as a resource to the assistant directors DIG to ensure the successful implementation of contracts, grants, for fee-for-service clients and state agencies to ensure continued self-sufficiency of the DIG.
- Lead the group in the advancement of the educational mission, didactic courses and experiential rotations within the PharmD curriculum, resident experiences, teaching international pharmacy programs and clinical pharmacist rotations.
- Serve as a liaison to clients to meet the needs of executed agreements, monitor the management of executed government contracts, and ensure financial performance metrics are met.
- Develop new business opportunities for the DIG via actively networking and marketing of services.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and provide guidance on policy matters relating to professional pharmacy affairs and practice issues for the department as it relates to drug information services.
- PharmD from an accredited ACPE College of Pharmacy
- Candidates must present evidence of, or eligibility for, Illinois licensure as a professional pharmacist at time of employment
- PGY1/PGY2 residency or equivalent experience in drug information or related field is required.
- Qualified to hold a clinical faculty appointment in the College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Academic rank will be commensurate with experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience at the Director level or equivalent management and/or leadership experience in drug information, preferably in an academic medical center
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in leadership, entrepreneurial, and administrative skills such as budget/finance management, resource allocation, program development are required
- Professional certification and/or practice experience in drug information or related relevant clinical programs
- Highly preferred: strong clinical knowledge base in drug information; analytical and problem-solving skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to consistently meet deadlines; demonstrate flexibility and ability to work independently and adapt to a changing work environment; excellent planning, time management, organizational and managerial skills
How and When to Apply:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications may only be submitted via the university’s online application system at https://uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/1207?c=uic
For fullest consideration, submit complete application materials by October 10, 2022. Applications must include all the following:
- A letter of intent describing relevant qualification, experience, and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references