Postdoctoral Fellowship: Health Economics Outcomes Research
Location: University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore Maryland
Description: The University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Department of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research and the Patient-Driven Values in Healthcare Evaluation (PAVE) Center are searching for a Post-Doctoral Fellow in health economics and outcomes research available starting immediately. PAVE is a multidisciplinary team with strengths in health economics, stated preferences elicitation, and patient-centered research. The fellowship provides multidisciplinary, advanced training to researchers, and prepares fellows for positions in academia, government, pharmaceutical industry, and consulting. Training includes mentored research, grant-writing, publication, presentation, and teaching experiences. Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
- Work alongside researchers with expertise in health economics and stated preferences methods
- Join a team comprised of faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and pre-doctoral students
- Oversee research data collection and perform analysis
- Develop project deliverables including protocols, reports, presentations, and publications
- Interface with internal and external collaborators
- Conduct research using in-house data sources (e.g., Medicare, commercial claims and electronic health record data) and/or decision modeling methods
- Develop an independent research program and key research skills such as proposal and manuscript writing
- Co-supervise research trainees and contribute to teaching/mentoring
What are the ongoing projects at PAVE? Our current projects are focused on eliciting, quantifying, and translating novel value elements for economic evaluations. Our methods include health economic decision modeling, stated preferences and elicitation of health state utilities. The Fellow will work primarily on a project about eliciting inequality aversion in the United States, with opportunities to expand into: health economic modeling for patient-informed value elements, elicitation of patient preferences and health state utilities. Additionally, our team has several ongoing projects using SEER-Medicare, commercial claims, and electronic health record data sets to study research questions about value of prognostic testing and medication adherence.
What is required? Doctoral level degree (PhD) in Health Economics, Pharmacoeconomics, Health Services Research, or related quantitative field is preferred. Doctoral degrees in health-related discipline with a strong research background will also be considered. Fellows should have experience with health economic decision modelling and retrospective data analysis using SAS and/or STATA. Knowledge of health utility measures and elicitation methods is desired. Strong technical communication, organization and multi-tasking skills are needed, as well as the ability to work independently and collaboratively on our team.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, writing sample, and three names for forthcoming letters of recommendation. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the selected candidate is identified. The start date can be as early as Spring 2022.
Subject: PAVE HEOR FELLOWSHIP