Queen’s University Belfast
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
School of Pharmacy
Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s is rated amongst the top Pharmacy schools in the UK and rated first on the research intensity measure in the last UK assessment of university research quality (REF 2014).
The successful candidate will develop an independent research programme with a focus on community and/or clinical pharmacy/health services research relevant to pharmacy, contribute to relevant collaborative research and deliver innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The post holder will deliver innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, develop novel methods of assessment and co-ordinate student placement activities.
It is intended to appoint at Senior Lecturer level, however in the event this is not possible consideration will be given to appointing a Lecturer level.
Our five core values (Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Ambition, Connected) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
The successful candidate must have:
- A PhD in pharmacy practice or a closely related discipline
- Record of high quality publications at an international level of excellence in internationally recognised journals for REF 2021 submission.
- Record of successfully obtaining significant research funding or other resources to underpin research, as appropriate to the discipline, through competitive national or international peer-reviewed processes as Principal Investigator.
- Research profile that is relevant to the research priorities of the School.
- Evidence of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques.
- Experience of presenting at national and international meetings and conferences.
- Successful PhD supervision normally as Primary Supervisor.
- Substantial teaching experience at University level.
- Evidence of contribution to the successful delivery, enhancements or review of particular modules.
- Experience of delivering high quality teaching as evidenced by positive feedback received from for example: students, colleagues and external examiners.
Further information about the School can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/pha
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Heather Anderson, email: email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Monday 4 June 2018
Salary scale: Lecturer £39,992 – £49,149 per annum (potential to progress to £52,132 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Senior Lecturer £50,618 – £58,655 per annum (potential to progress to £64,079 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 9 May 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.