The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceuticals Sciences at the University at Buffalo SUNY is looking for a Postdoctoral Associate in Clinical Pharmacology for a fellowship style opportunity working under the direction of Donald E. Mager, PharmD, PhD, Vice Chair and Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nicholas Smith, PharmD, PhD, and Qing Ma, PharmD, PhD, Department of Pharmacy Practice.
Responsibilities in this position include:
* Developing quantitative population, mechanism-based, or physiologically-based PK/PD models (e.g., nonlinear mixed effects models) describing small molecules or monoclonal antibodies for cancer and infectious diseases.
* Performing human PK predictions and quantitative drug-drug interaction predictions, the design and analysis of pre-clinical PK/PD data to support lead optimization and prioritization, and translational PK/PD to support in-human dosing.
* Contributing to the preparation and presentation of both internal and external documentation, such as the investigator’s brochure and protocol design documentation.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
* Engage with project team members in a clear and timely manner, understanding the functions of other team members and being able to explain and educate modeling efforts and results to team members from various backgrounds. The team includes a wide range of personnel and disciplines: physicians, pharmacists, clinical pharmacologists, laboratory managers, chemists/bioanalytical scientists, etc.
* Work in a dynamic team with frequent interactions, both within the team and associated functions, and is responsible for the development and implementation of innovative modeling and simulation platforms/strategy that ensure that the right drug is administered to the right patient at the right dose/regimen.
Outstanding Benefits PackageWorking at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/research-foundation/regular-employees.htmlbenefit packages.
About UBThe University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://www.buffalo.eduUniversity at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.