About the Job
The University of Minnesota’s College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor. We are seeking individuals who will complement our existing strengths in targeted drug delivery, pharmaceutical materials science, pharmacokinetics, central nervous system drug delivery, gene therapeutics, neurodegenerative disorders, and cancer.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a robust, independent research program, with opportunities to collaborate in the Department, the College, and the University. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach in the Pharmaceutics Graduate Programs (M.S. and Ph.D.), and the College of Pharmacy’s Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program.
About the Department
The University of Minnesota Twin Cities is a comprehensive campus supporting world class research in medicine, physical sciences and engineering, biological sciences, dentistry, nursing, public health, and veterinary medicine. Major campus research facilities include the Institute for Therapeutics Design and Development (ITTD), Comprehensive Cancer Center, Institute for Engineering in Medicine (IEM), Medical Devices Center (MDC), Materials Characterization Facility (CharFac), Minnesota Nano Center (MNC), Genomics Center (GC), and the Minnesota Supercomputing Institute (MSI). The Twin Cities also has a large number of cutting edge biomedical companies eager to collaborate with the academic community. The close proximity of the College of Pharmacy to this research rich environment provides an unequaled opportunity for faculty to excel in their fields.
Working at the University
At the University of Minnesota, you’ll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.
The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents Scholarship
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no cost
Please visit the Office of Human Resources website for more information regarding benefits.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents required for your complete application may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
Your complete application should include the following as attachments:
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Your letter of interest, explaining your qualifications for the position.
- A statement of research interests, experiences and scholarly goals.
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- A list of at least three recommenders with their contact information.
Please address your application letter to:
Department of Pharmaceutics
University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy
c/o Katie M. James
9-177 Weaver Densford Hall
308 Harvard Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0343
Initial review of applications will begin on August 22, 2023; however, applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled.
For specific questions about this position, please contact the search chair, Carolyn Fairbanks, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).